What is an
How to become
The Optimist Club’s Annual Book Sale has been cancelled due to limited materials available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but have appreciated your excellent support over the years!
Kim Kerr, 2014/2015 President – Optimist Club of Aurora
The Optimist Club of Aurora’s mission is to support the youth of Aurora!
We aid and encourage the development of youth, and support the belief that the giving of yourself in service to others will advance the well-being of your community.
We continue to achieve our mission by raising funds at local events, (or holding our own) and giving those much needed dollars to Aurora youth in need….
• Whether it’s sending a special needs Aurora child to summer camp; or,
• Supplying tonnes of school supplies to Aurora children who otherwise cannot afford it; or,
• Helping ‘at-risk’ Aurora youth to experience incredibly positive involvement with authority; or,
• Supporting struggling Aurora youth artists with musical and theatrical interests; or,
• Providing excellent sports challenges to over 800 children during the Opti-Hockey Skills Challenge held every December.
We are part of a larger organization - Optimist International – which is a worldwide volunteer organization made up of more than 2,500 local Clubs whose Members work each day to make the future brighter by bringing out the best in children, in their communities, and in themselves.
|| -CRAM A CAR! – December 9, 2014 |
Members of the Optimist Club of Aurora are collecting children’s toys, new clothes and gift cards at their annual Christmas party in hopes to fill a (York Regional Police) car full of gifts! Thank you to the YRP Holiday Hero’s for their support in our efforts.
The Optimist Club of Aurora has recently assisted Theatre Aurora, Aurora Minor Hockey Association, Opti-Rec Hockey, G.W. Williams Peer Mentoring Program, Aurora Figure Skating Club, Jonathan’s Christmas Dinner, Advanced Coronary Treatment Program (A.C.T.) for schools in Aurora, Prevent Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth (P.A.R.T.Y).
Important: Please read our website policies: here